Saturday, January 31, 2009

It's Official - I live at Ayers Rock

Who knew?

Here I find myself,  an actual, official resident of Yulara.
The room I have moved into is... compact.
I have a new housemate, a German girl named Sabrina. I am conveniently situated near the Res Club and the Rec Centre.
And I am looking at handing in my notice in a week or so. But don't panic! It requires 2 weeks notice to vacate your accommodation, so I will have ended up being here for about a month. Hopefully enough time to buy my new camera. Well to buy it and have it sent to Melbourne, anyways!!

Not sure what the next move will be. All roads up North towards WA are washed out and the river keeps rising, so that may not be an option. Options, however, are not few and far between.

I am very keen to go back to Coober Pedy. You can join the postie on a mail run, which takes two days and goes on the Oodnadatta track. 
I'm hoping to do a helicopter flight over the rock. 
I want to camp (and be camp) at Kings Canyon. 
I want to go out to Kata Tjuta and redo the Valley of the Winds walk.
I'd like to try to get to Sydney for Mardi Gras.
Or Daylesford for Chill Out.
I want to head back to Melbourne, and do some short trips from there, perhaps to Cairns, or Broome.

I want to be on the road again.

But all in good time.

No comments: