Monday, January 26, 2009

My New Friend





I am finding it really lonely here. I am sure once I start work, it will be very different.
I have been lucky enough to meet the managed at reception of where I am staying, and he has ever so kindly, put me into a room by myself. It is right at the back of the resort, and it is quiet and private, which is good.

There is Australia Day festivities on here, for residents. I did go out there, but chickened out when it came to the going up to random strangers and introducing myself. I figure, I will suck it up for another day, and then in the morning, I will meet some new people when I start work.

I did, however, discover a very cool and quite large Goanna who lives outside my door.. I've added some pics, but of course, had already put my camera away when he caught and ate a cricket right in front of me!!

I think his name is Gary.


1 comment:

Anita said...

A great big Hello and Goodmorning to yourself, Gary and Russel.