Monday, January 5, 2009

I'm Heading North

That's right, I am off again, off out into the world of travel budgets, uncomfortable beds, near-unbearable heat, long drives, endless roads, and just what I need right about now... A break from reality. 
In a mere two weeks, I will be leaving all that I love and hold dear to hit the road.
As Missy quite eloquently sung... I'm heading North.

On the 19th of January, my life as I know it will be wrapped in newspaper, boxed and packaged, and stored safely (with colour co-ordinated labels) and I will head off on what may be the biggest adventure (or biggest mistake) of my life.

I have left my job, my profession that I have known for the last 1o years, in the hope that the universe will guide me to where I am meant to be. To that end, I am trying to give the universe a loving nudge, by throwing caution to the wind, and packing up my little car to the brim and heading up the western highway.

At this stage the plan is to drive to Ayers Rock via Adelaide and Coober Pedy. Spend a few days there, then head to Kings Canyon, Alice, The Devil's Marbles, Daly Waters, and finally come to a dusty and hot rest in Darwin. I'm hoping to work a bit in Darwin, save some $$ before heading to Broome to explore, take photos, and work some more. From Broome, I plan to head south to Perth, around the South-West coast of WA, across the Nullarbor, and back home again.

I am excited.
I am terrified.
I am worried. 
I am slightly intoxicated by the heady fragrance of freedom that I have never before allowed myself.

I will miss everybody hugely, but know that it is something I need to do.

I will be in touch where I can, I will be taking *hundreds* of photos, and surely, posting them on this blog, and sharing as much as I can with, you, my loved ones.

Suggestions of what to take, where to go, and donations to the cause are all gratefully accepted.

Rock On.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Beautifully written Miss Tanya.

I so hope that this trip is filled with smiles, discovery and surprises. I hope that it will fill you up with the sparkle of the New.

You will be missed, but I think it's a brave and wise move :)