Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Though I was never a Scout, I intend to "Be Prepared"

In the midst of packing everything I own, clearing and cleaning an apartment, moving, and taking my life by the reigns and giving it a sharp tug to the left, I am also trying to be prepared for anything and everything while I am away.

I have got a fabulous tent, a 'Speedy' Tent, which, believe it or not, sets up in about 2 seconds.

I also bought a fabulous folding stretcher bed from the surliest salesperson on the face of the earth, at Ray's Outdoors in Preston. Seek her out. She is really something to behold.

I have a tiny, tiny sleeping bag, my big brown blanket, a camping stove, a torch, all sorts of other goods...

Seriously.. if you have suggestions, please tell me now! Before I leave!!

edit: Now that I have cleaned my apartment from head to toe (or floor to ceiling), and have dumped all my travel stuff in The Chief's garage, I am planning on giving the car a good and proper clean. 

So far, the packing list (obviously more detailed than above)
- tent
- sleeping bag
- brown blanket
- camp stove
- 2 red melamine dinner plates
- 2 red melamine side plates
- knives and forks and spoons and stuff
- tongs, BarBMate, and other cooking accoutrements
- a particularly fabulous spice/condiment storage thingo 
- a saucepan (with a red lid), a frypan (red), and an ace decor mixing bowl/storage bowl (yep. red)
- chopping board
- esky bag 
- DSLR camera (and cables, auto shutter release, etc)
- Sony Cybershot
- Tripod
- Toilet Paper (see! Scouting! Be Prepared!)
- rubber mallet (for tent pegs)
- tool kit
- jumper leads

I'm sure there is more!!!
Just slowly feeling like it's sneaking up.
Now that the house stuff is all sorted out, I am feeling very, very much like I need to write alot of lists.
It's particularly therapeutic and cathartic. And there will surely be more to come. 

:)

4 comments:

Doublebanker said...

Sounds like your ready for what life throws your way.

Anita said...

I certainly intent to hunt out Ms Rays Tent City and impress her with my witty reviling of her rudeness!!

I am so excited your trip is getting closer for you babe. :D
You're gonna love it!

Anonymous said...

LOVE a camp stove!
Have you got a camp fridge and camp curtains too?

x Mister Nicholas

Tanya said...

just because EVERYthing you have is camp!