Saturday, February 7, 2009

Photo Project

So with the abundance of stuff to do up here when you're not working (note sarcasm), I have been buying alot of magazines. One thing I will say for the newsagency here, though you have to pay freight on papers (Saturday's Age costs $6.60!!!) They have a vast and varied selection of glossies and mattes, and some really good design/art/gay mags (though not Frankie), however, I digress.
In one of these mags, fantastically named "Monster Children", they interview some artist guy, and give him a disposable camera and a list of things to shoot.

From this, my housemate, Sabrina and I have devised our own list, comprising 12 items from each of us, and have each purchased  disposable camera, and within a week, we are in the process of taking each of these pics. It is ace and challenging, and something I am seriously keen to start up with a small group of devoted followers when I return home. Other suggested themes are the numbers 1-24, IN ORDER. Not as easy as it sounds. Also, the letters of the alphabet in order, backwards or forwards. My theory is, we get a group of about 10 people together (I'll make a facebook group), and make it a monthly thing. We agree to meet on a set date with electronic and printed copies of our list of photos. Photos must be taken on a disposable camera.  I can think of a few people who will be keen already!!

And again, I digress. Here is our list, and with any luck, shortly following will be our photos.

Shoot:
the road
something in your room
something blue
something metal
something you use every day
something you're going to eat
one of your friends
a sign
something electronic
somewhere not accessible to guests (at the resort - yes. I live at a resort)
something you can see from work
someone who looks weird or funny
uluru at sunset
water
an animal
a fruit
the sky
something on your way to work
something in the IGA
any kind of bottle
a view out of our house
something wooden
something that makes you happy
something that has to do with sports

I have 8 to go

:)

Now go check your facebook to see if I invited you to join the fotoclub group!!!

No comments: