Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What do I Want?

Has been asked a bit of me in the last couple of days.
After much (much, much, much, much, much) thought, I am in the process of contemplating making a decision about temporarily coming home.
I think it's what I want. 
I miss Melbourne.
I think I have achieved so, so much since I left. I have so many ideas, plans, thoughts, stuff I wanna do.
I was looking at jobs in Melbourne, preferably short-term, easy, well-paid jobs. And I was so excited at the prospect!

I am thinking of coming home for about 6 weeks. Working. My ass off. Then coming back. Hitting Kakadu, meeting up with Sabrina, heading to Vietnam, and road tripping back to Melbourne to start my 'new life'. (Of course, stopping along the way to take a fuckload of pictures.)

I know why I left.
Have I achieved everything I wanted? Maybe not.
Am I well on the way? Hell yes.

I am rediscovering myself. I am trying damned hard to do things on my own terms. I am taking good, good photos (all of which have been removed from facebook, lest I manage to get enough of my shit together to exhibit them). I am feeling inspired.  Most of the time.

I am exhausted. I feel the constant pressure of worrying about food, money, accommodation, petrol, weird room mates etc is wearing me down.

My thoughts at this stage involve taking a break, heading to Melbourne earning some cash. Setting things up for my new life as it were.

argh!!!

No comments: