Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My little spaz out

happened on Knuckey street in Darwin.
As I walked out of the employment centre, having been informed they will only help me if I am a permanent resident of Darwin, I realised, I am possibly, completely screwed.
No one wants temps. No one wants backpackers.
No one wants Melburnians. No one wants me.
Mum is coming on Friday. She leaves on Monday. At this stage, I am beginning to think my options are going to be to leave as well. Try my luck finding work at a roadhouse perhaps?
If I had the money, I would head south tomorrow, and drive till I got home. In fact, I probably could do that. But where would that leave me?
Tickets to Vietnam on May 2nd. From Darwin.
It would add about $500 to the trip before I started. But maybe that's okay. Maybe that's manageable.

I just don't know what to do, but I do know that I am struggling right now. I know that I could go home, and likely pick up emergency teaching work within a week of being home. I know that I have somewhere to stay and food to eat.
Hmmmm.

Advice?
Solutions?
Lifelines?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

IF your not making any coin and all you are doing is eating into your savings, maybe the greatest city in the world (ok so i'm bias) is the better option.
At the end of the day, would you end up with more savings working in melb (after the extra $500) or staying in Darwin and risking not being able to find a job for an extended period.
Just a thought...