Thursday, June 26, 2008

1 Sleep To Go

I sit here this morning, in the same place I sat for over twelve hours yesterday at work, and am wishing the next 24 hours away. Work is long, hard and tiring.

And having shaken that off, I am SO excited. I finish work at 2pm tomorrow, will have a few drinks here before I leave, and then I am off. Everything is packed and ready to go. I just have to cope with the flight over there.

I have had a sneak peak at what movies are available, but have resisted the temptation to explore the glories of portion controlled food, of which I have heard so much about. My first flight is from Melbourne to Dubai and takes a little over 14 hours. I am in Dubai for a couple of hours as a stopover (shopping anyone?!) and then hop back into the plane for a 6.5 hour flight to Rome. It is here that I will meet Anita. (hopefully!)

I have made a decision not to bring a phone. Or a handbag. Or a wallet. I cannot wait to be free from the shackles of taking all of this crap with me every time I leave the house.

We start in Rome, and explore the sights for 2 days and 2 nights, before heading to il Palio in Siena...

I will keep updating this periodically during the trip, and hopefully soon, will have some awesome photos to share with you all..

Cheers.
Tanya

2 comments:

Wade said...

I popped the comment cherry! YAY! I am so jealous and so excited for you guys! I know you are going to have the best time ever! Looking forward to the photos and updates

Lotsa Love
Wade

XO

Li-Kim Chuah said...

Hey! Sorry we STILL haven't met. I have been slack online and busy with my lass. :) Can't wait to read all about your adventures (although my grandma eyes can't cope with such little font!) and see all your amazing photos. I will have photographer's envy for sure. Welcome to the blogside.